Here are some of our recent testimonials from previous wedding events at the Great National Abbey Court Hotel in Nenagh, County Tipperary.
Selina & Paddy
I just wanted to Thank You, Jenny, Ray and all the staff of the abbey court for such an amazing wedding day and night, and to you and Jenny for all your help leading up to the day. The day couldn't of went any better. Ye did such an amazing job and had everything organised so well and everything looked great. To Ray who never left our side all day we never went without he was amazing, Thank you Ray. Ye were all so helpful, the decor, the food everything was amazing, we couldn't recommend ye enough, it really is such a beautiful hotel and a wonderful team. Thanks for making our wedding day perfect.
Selina & Paddy
Mai & Dave
Dear Ray, Jenny and all staff,
I just wanted to thank you all so much for the fantastic day you made for us on our wedding day. It was an absolutely fantastic day. From start to finish we experienced nothing but professionalism from all of your team. The staff were so approachable and kind and no matter what request we had it was always met! All our guests were extremely happy with the day and really loved their experience in the Abbey Court. Our reception room looked absolutely beautiful and was so elegant. It was exactly how I had always wanted it to be. Thank you so much for that.
On personal note we would like to thank you so much for all your patience, time and understanding when it came to planning our special day. You all made the planning more relaxed for us and made sure that we had our special day. I would highly recommend the Abbey Court to anyone for their special day or any special events in their life. It is a wonderful hotel with wonderful staff. Thank you all so much for ensuring we and all our family and friends had a wonderful day for our special day.
Love, Mai & Dave
Jennifer & Derek
Highly recommend the Abbey Court Hotel,we had our wedding here on Friday the 28th of August 2015, we would like to say a massive thank you to all the management and staff of the Hotel. The amount of effort and work they put in to make sure our big day was perfect was amazing. From start to finish our experience with the Abbey Court was first class. A very special thanks to Eileen,Jenny and Ray for all your help. If anyone is looking for a venue or has there venue booked here ye will not be disappointed.
Thanks again for making our day so special from myself, Derek and all our guests.
Jody & Karen
Jody & I want to thank you and everyone in the hotel for helping to make our wedding day the most special day ever.
You, Ray,Breda Sheppard and Dave in particular were absolutely amazing. Ye made us feel so special and anything we asked for was not a problem. Ye all went above and beyond our expectations and we are so appreciative for that. We got lots of little tips from you and Ray which really helped and on the day Ray was absolutely amazing. Everything down to the last detail was organised to the highest standard and Ray could not have done enough for us on the day. Breda was also amazing and everyone on the top table was so well looked after. The food was absolutely amazing and the afters food went down a treat. People are still talking about the food so our biggest compliments to the Chef and kitchen staff. There was lots of people there that had never been in the Abbey court before and they were all well impressed.
Thanks again for everything ye did for us. We were so so happy with the way everything went and I hope you will pass on our thanks to everyone who was there on the day. Jody & Karen
Claire & Sean
We had our wedding reception in the Abbey Court at Christmas. We could not recommend the hotel highly enough. Before the wedding Imelda, Eileen and Jen were so helpful. They could not do enough for us and made everything so easy. I never got stressed about anything as they had absolutely everything under control. I have been to so many great weddings in the Abbey Court so I knew the day would go smoothly. But my expections were completely surpassed! The service was second to none. I will never forget the attention that was given to me (the bride). During the meal either Ray or Breda were there for every single thing I might need, before I even realised myself! The food was 5 star quality. The amount of guests that commented on the food was a testiment to the quality. And all the extra touches for the bridal table were very much appreciated. The fanfare with the presentation of our food was just brilliant! We kind of felt like celeberties for the day! The ballroom was decorated so elegantly. And the huge Christmas trees in the ballroom and in the lobby were absolutely beautiful. Ray is made for the job and the Abbey Court hotel are very lucky to have him over seeing the weddings. To say that Ray, Eileen and the rest of the staff go above and beyond the call of duty is an understatement. They made our wedding day just perfect! We cannot thank them enough. Claire and Seán
- "Hi Imelda,
I just wanted to say a huge huge thank you to you and all the staff, everything really was just perfect for our wedding. From the moment we arrived it was just amazing.
The food on arrival went down a treat with the guests. The meal was unbelievable, I am getting great feedback from the guests since the wedding on how amazing the food was. A huge well done to Chef David and his staff, they honestly pulled out all the stops.
Ray was his usual amazing self, not that I expected anything less but he really is the best so brilliant at his job and of course his side kick Breda was so attentive.
We were really just so happy with absolutely everything, everything was perfect. I am so happy we decided to go with the Abbey Court, I mean why would you bother putting your guests to the trouble of travelling anywhere, when in my opinion we have the best wedding venue on our doorstep.
Again, you were all a pleasure to deal with, I will drop a card down at some stage, that could take me another month, for now just wanted to say a huge thanks. Keep the amazing work up." Denise Duggan
Steve & Fiona
- "Thanks and gratitude to Imelda and Ray and all the staff of the hotel - both front of house and behind the scenes - for making our day so memorable and special. I had visions of how the day would go but my visions fell way short of how the day actually went! Everybody commented on how great the place was for the ceremony and the meal and how good and plentiful the food was! We got a lot of good words said about the food and everybody also said how lovely and friendly the staff were too. A fabulous day and it is a credit to you all at the hotel. .." Steve & Fiona
- "A big thank you to Imelda and all the staff of the hotel for looking after us so well on our wedding day on Sept 27th - both before the big day and the day itself. Our guests were so complimentary of the food and the level of service. We had a fabulous day! The Guinness and onion soup went down a storm by the way!! Thanks again for all your help in planning and coordinating. It made all the difference and its truly appreciated." Lorraine
Deirdre & Noel
- The Abbey Court Hotel, in particular Imelda, Tara, Ray, the Chef, Michael (the car driver) and all the staff on the 29th Dec 2012. Go raibh mile maith agat. This is very much overdue but we cannot thank you enough for making our wedding so special and perfect. You ensured and delivered on the whole day being seamless. Not only was your organisation and professionalism second to none but the warmth, friendliness and personal appraoch to us, our families and guests was something special. Everyone praised the food too and so thank you. We can only but recommend the Abbey Court to all our friends." Deirdre & Noel
Darren & Sarah
- "Imelda, We just can't thank you especially, and all the staff at the abbey court everything ye have done for us! Ye really out done yourselves it was the best day of our lives and you and the staff made it the very best it could be for us! The attention to detail was brilliant, your way better than I am,and I'm all about the details!! Ye had everything covered from start to finish and exceeded our expectations by a long shot. Please thank Ray too-he is the business! I want to bring him home and keep him, he's so good and he looked after me so well. Please thank him from me for the soda water and the way he minded me. Everybody complimented the food, the service, the rooms and pool, and how good and friendly the staff were. I'm only raging we didn't get to use the giant bath in the bridal suite! We will be leaving a brilliant review on trip advisor and that when the dust settles but I just wanted to say a quick thanks now while I'm still on a high from it all!!" Darren and Sarah O Connell
Brid & Shane
- "Imelda, Ray and Abbey Court Staff, A sincere thank you for everything you did to help us have the most fantastic wedding. We cannot praise your professionalism and helpfulness enough. We have got so many compliments about the hotel and the very high standard of food and how well the function room looked. You both do an excellent job. We have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending the Abbey Court to our friends. Many Thanks to David too." Brid and Shane Connors
Mr & Mrs McKelven
- "To Imelda, Ray and everyone in the Abbbey Court, Philip and myself sincerely thank you for looking after us so well at our wedding. We loved our day. You helped make it special and create memories that will last a lifetime...Thank You." Mr & Mrs McKelven
Rosie & John
- "We would like to express our sincere gratitude to you for all your help in the run up to our wedding and the fantastic service on the day and especially in relation to the beautiful meal. We commend the professionalism of the chefs and waiting staff in particular. People are still raving about the meal! We look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future. Many thanks and best wishes."Rosie and John Fullard
Brendan & Niamh
- "We had our wedding function in your hotel on Feb 16. We want to compliment the hotel on providing us with a fantastic day/night everything was perfect. We have had great feedback from many of our guests who had a wonderful day (many of the guests who travelled could not get over the standard of service or the quality of the food). This of course would not be possible without your staff who made the day, Imelda in the run up to the wedding was so accommodating and efficient and made my job as the groom fairly hassle free. On the day Breda Sheperd in the dining room/John O'Gorman in the bar and David Hogan as night manager all went out of their way to make things run smoothly. Of course then you have Ray who is just so truely outstanding at his job and ensured everything was in place for us to have a wonderful day. As somebody who has a business in the town it is great to have the Abbey Court going so well in these difficult times as it vitally important to the continued development of Nenagh. So again we would lke to thank you and your staff for a wonderful day." Brendan and Niamh Gavin
Our Daughter's Wedding Day
I would like to thank staff of Abbey Court hotel for the truly magnificent service we got on the 9th/10th July 2016 for the wedding of our daughter Celina. The professional and courteous service was second to none. I have to mention Eileen who planned the wedding and left nothing undone to make it a memorable day. Also special thanks to Ray who looked our every need on the day, to Breeda in the dining room and also special thanks to Paraic who did everything possible for us on the tasting night and the day after wedding. We were overwhelmed with the attention to detail and all your kindness, never to be forgotten. We look forward to our next event in Abbey Court.
Breeda and John Long (parents of bride)
Amanda & James
Thank you so much for all your help organising our wedding. From the first day we met you I just knew our day was going to be perfect. You had everything down to a ‘T’. You are unbelievable at what you do. I am so sad it all over now. I wish all the best in your work.
Love Amanda and James. Saturday 29th April 2017