Birr Castle Gardens and Science Centre
The Birr Castle Gardens and Science Centre is one of Ireland’s award-winning attractions to visit in Birr, County Offaly, just 35 minutes from The Abbey Court Hotel.
There’s so much to do and to see at Birr Castle Gardens and Science Centre. It’s a beautiful place to visit with your family, children, friends, group or as an individual. Walk around one of the most stunning and tranquil gardens in Ireland. The 50 hectares’ garden is filled with great abundance of spectacular features for you to explore including:
- Over 40 champion trees and more than 2,000 species of plants
- Amazing wildlife
- World’s tallest box hedges
- Romantic hornbeam cloister walk
- Enchanting waterfalls, rivers and lakes
- 1820 suspension bridge
- Ireland’s largest adventure treehouse (Bouncy pillow, sand pits, climbing frames, slides)
- Ancient well of Saint Brendan
- Science Centre (Photography, engineering, astronomy and the world’s famous Great Telescope) plus much more
Guided, audio and tailored tours are available upon requests.
(Gardens + Great Telescope + Science Centre + Treehouse Access)
Adult: €9.00 | Senior/Student: €7.50 (Students require a valid student ID)
Children (5-12 years): €5.00, 4 years and under are free
Family (2 adults and 2 children): €25.00
Group rates available upon request
(Castle Tour + Gardens + Science Centre + Great Telescope Access)
Group rates are available on request. Maximum 20 people per group.
Pre-booking is necessarily.
16th March to 31st October: 9:00am – 6:00pm
1st November to 15th March 10:00am – 4:00pm
Last admission one hour before closing
Castle Courtyard Café (April to September 10:00am – 5:00pm daily) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +353 (0)57 9169735
Discovery Gift Shop (All year)
Things To Note Before Arrival
- Children under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Public car park, pay and display parking are available.
- All guided tours must be booked in advance.
- Maps are provided.
- Castle tours are operating during the months of May, June, July and August
(Mondays to Saturdays at 9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am and 12:30pm)
Not suitable for kids under 12 years old.