Our Covid Policy
from GN Abbey Court Hotel
The Management and Team here at Abbey Court Hotel are delighted to re-open our hotel on Friday 10th July. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back and to looking after all our Guests in what is now “the new normal”.
To ensure that you have both a safe and enjoyable stay with us, our Covid-19 Response Team has been working hard behind the scenes whilst we have been closed in preparation for our opening. We have detailed Health and Safety protocols in place for your comfort and safety which have been developed in line with Health & Safety Authority, HSE and the Irish Hotels Federation guidelines. These detailed protocols focus on enhanced Health and Safety together with our team having undertaken accredited training in all aspects of the hotel operations.
Following guidelines provided by the Irish Government which includes a published ‘Green List’ of ‘approved’ countries, in compliance with same, we wish to advise guests arriving from ‘unapproved’ countries of origin that they may have their reservation cancelled should they choose not to comply with recommended quarantine guidelines. This is in the interest of protecting our staff, our fellow guests and our local community. We hope intending travellers will not take offence to same and we will continue to keep this policy under review in line with advice from the relevant authorities.
Our COVID Policy
- Access to and within our hotel will be clearly defined with Government advised physical distancing.
- Check-in will be minimised for your safety and convenience but don’t worry you will have all of the relevant information for your stay prior to your arrival, and of course, we are always only a phone call away if you require extra assistance.
- We have increased our frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all lobby areas with special attention to high use touchpoints in line with recommendations from the government.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been set up in all areas of our Hotel & Self-Catering Lodges.
Team Training for your Comfort
- All of our team have been trained in all matters of hygiene, health and safety in accordance with HSE guidelines without losing the real customer care approach that we renowned for.
- Some of our team may wear PPE if deemed necessary for some tasks and in accordance with the hotel’s policy.
- In addition to hand washing routine, our team will be using hand sanitisation gels rated above 60% alcohol.
- We have a Covid-19 Team who will monitor and amend our policies as required to ensure that we always have your safety and that of our team in mind.
- All linens and towels have been laundered to the highest standard in accordance with HSE guidelines.
- All areas of your accommodation have been deep cleaned and sanitised by our trained team with enhanced cleaning on touchpoints.
- Some items such as reading materials have been removed for health and safety reasons but don’t worry we are here to help in whatever way we can.
- Lobby and Restaurant areas will be rearranged to adhere to social distancing measures and our team are implementing new reservation procedures.
- Breakfast table service will be available in 3 sittings so reservation necessary.
- Reservation procedures will be in place for all other dining requirements.
Trinity Leisure Club
We are currently operating pre-booking for 1-hour slots to facilitate social distancing to be practised in line with current Government guidelines. You can do this by calling the team directly on Ext 444 from your room or dial 067 41111. We would ask that you change and shower in your room, towels will be provided in your bedroom for leisure use.
We are currently following HSE and Government guidelines and these are subject to change on a day to day basis.